Camp Sossus emphasises every aspect of our intention to redefine immersive exploration and luxury. Our own definition of this encompasses privacy, intimacy, experiential focus and total flexibility, all whilst being perfectly comfortable. The camp offers just six tented guest rooms and is open year-round, providing a great alternative to any traditional lodge or camp in the Sossusvlei area, whilst offering unparalleled opportunities for immersive exploration of the Namib Desert environment. The large west-facing windows and south-facing doors in the tented guest rooms allow natural cooling by the predominant afternoon south westerly wind, and the tents all have a basic infrastructure that offers important comforts. These include semi open-air en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot bucket showers with locally sourced amenities, comfortable extra-length three-quarter twin beds, solar lighting, 220V electrical charging station, pedestal fan, shaded patio, shaded day-bed and a magnificent star bed. The essence of the camp therefore remains both experiential and immersive.
AT A GLANCE
• Open year-round
• Open to everyone and available to be booked on a per tented room basis
• Local Airstrips at Hammerstein and Witwater
• Access for self-drivers via a designated pick-up point (directions supplied upon booking
• Bookings of 5 rooms or more qualify for exclusive use – subject to availability and any existing
• Children 6 years and older welcome (6 – 12 years pay 50% of adult rate).
o No private vehicle requirement for families with children (but can be booked on request).
o Two-way radios provided for multiple tented room family bookings to facilitate
communication between the tented rooms.
o Kiddies’ menu and family-friendly activities available.
o Families with children younger than 6 welcome if exclusive use is booked
• Minimum 2 night stays (3 nights recommended)
• Fully inclusive rate including all meals, local drinks and scheduled activities
• 6 shaded state-of-the-art all-weather en-suite tented rooms
• Semi-open-air bathrooms with flush toilet and hot water bucket shower
• Star beds above the bathroom of each tented room
• Shaded day-bed/sala
• In-tented room 220V charging stations
• Spacious communal lounge with fireplace, communal family-style dining room (private dining can
be arranged), campfire circle and viewing deck
• Separate WI-FI lounge
• Only 30 minutes’ drive to the Sesriem gate with access to the Sossusvlei Dunes
• Activities include biking, hiking, star gazing, Sossusvlei excursion and nature drives
• Unique and intriguing desert swimming pools
• Waterhole for wildlife viewing
• Artisan coffee
• 100% solar powered